In the past, eating cooked prawns was a luxury, in fact they were reserved for celebrations such as weddings, Christmas, etc. However, today, there are options suitable for many pockets, for example, buying them frozen.
The fear of frozen products, that is to say that they lose their quality is very frequent. On the other hand, if they are bought professionally deep-frozen products and proper defrosting guidelines are followed, are a solution for many elaborations.
THE COOKED PRAWNS
To prepare cooked prawns, very few ingredients are required, as is the case with the kitchenware. For this reason, they are one of those lifelong recipes with which you are surprised when you have guests at home.
Prawns belong to the group of crustaceans and offer many benefits if consumed in moderationFor example, they provide quality proteins, different minerals such as iodine, phosphorus, selenium, calcium, magnesium and zinc, B group vitamins and an interesting content of Omega-3 fatty acids.
COOKED PRAWNS RECIPE
This recipe for cooked prawns could not be simpler and give a more delicious result. Thanks to the cold, they remain tight and firm, perfect to enjoy with a homemade sauce to taste or add them to another recipe such as sautéed zucchini.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
- 12 Prawns from Mariscos Anamar
- 3 little Carrefour coarse salt
- 3 liters of hot water
- 12 ice cubes
- 3 liters of cold water
PREPARATION OF COOKED PRAWNS
- To make the cooked prawns, heat in a large pot plenty of salted water.
- When it starts to boil, add the prawns and when it boils again, cook for about 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Drain and then add to a large container with water and lots of ice. Cool, strain and book.
- At your service, place in a suitable container and accompany with a homemade sauce.
TRICKS AND TIPS
- For frozen prawns to be perfectly cooked, it is important don’t add many at once, since otherwise they can cool the water too much. As for whether they should be defrosted before or not, the ideal is to do it the night before in the refrigerator on a colander and a bowl, so that the water that they release is collected in the bowl.
- Time cooking time is relative, it ranges from 1 to 3 minutes. Since it boils again, you have to see that they have changed color and do not cook them too much.
- By putting them in water with ice, the texture of its meat becomes firm and delicious, in addition to facilitating peeling.
- There are people who add a bay leaf to the cooking water.
- The accompanying sauces can be various, from the typical pink sauce, mayonnaise, brava, green mojo, etc.
- If they are left over, they are very rich in other recipes such as stuffed sea bass or soup with rice.
- Also, they can be made with salt, cooking the prawns in the oven.
- Cooked prawns are very good with a glass of Raventós cava.