Ceviche, whether made from fish, shellfish or even cephalopods such as octopus, dates back to the old kitchen of fishermen on the high seas, where they cooked what they had obtained from the sea with citrus fruits.
Although its origins are unknown, the ceviche or ceviche It is one of the best known and most versioned dishes of Peruvian cuisine, one of the richest in the world thanks to its biodiversity.
THE OCTOPUS CEVICHE
There are many recipes for ceviche, either with octopus, prawns or sea bass, among others. The original recipe is related to the Mochica culture, in which dishes were prepared, based on fresh fish, cooked with local fruits such as tumbo.
It seems that the use of lemon and lime has to do with the conquest of the SpanishSince they did not eat raw fish, they began to add them in order to “cook” it a bit, thus obtaining the famous tiger milk. Later, it evolved with the use of corn, sweet potato, etc.
OCTOPUS CEVICHE RECIPE
This ceviche recipe is made with an octopus leg previously cooked and ready to eat. These types of solutions are perfect for eating healthy, with a moderate price and without having to invest a lot of time in the kitchen.
Octopus is a highly valued cephalopod in Spanish cuisine, both on the coast and in the interior, thanks to the fact that it is preserved very well after cooking and even drying, as is customary in the Balearic Islands. What’s more offers quality proteins and healthy fats such as Omega 3.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
- 1 leg of octopus cut into Nuchar slices
- 8 pickled red chives cut into small pieces from Rioverde
- 2 limes in juice
- 2 tablespoons coriander chopped
- 1 pinch of salt and black pepper by Carmencita
- 1 chili cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons of pre-cooked corn from the Mercado de Maravillas
- 2 tablespoons of cancha corn from the Mercado de Maravillas
- 1 tablespoon of Caviaroli EVOO pearls
- 1 teaspoon of yellow chili paste
- 6 tablespoons of homemade fish broth
- 2 star anise
PREPARATION OF THE OCTOPUS CEVICHE
- To make the octopus ceviche, first cook the corn, To do this, bring water to boil in a pot, add the star anise, then the corn and cook for 5 minutes. Strain and reserve.
- Later, toasting the field corn in a skillet for a few minutes over medium heat. Reserve.
- Place the octopus in a bowl, add the corn, chives, coriander and stir.
- Incorporate, the chili, the juice, the yellow pepper, the broth, season and stir.
- At your service, decorate with pearls, cancha corn and coriander.
TRICKS AND TIPS
Prepared fish and shellfish products are a great solution when it is received at home and you do not have the time or desire to cook too much, since you just have to open the container and enjoy.