When it comes to receiving or celebrating at home, the Iberian presa a la sal is a recipe with which to surprise guests, not only because it is delicious, but because the preparation and presentation are worthy of a Michelin restaurant.
Iberian pork is a gastronomic treasure, as well as a national product that must be valued and consumed, not only in sausage but also in different cuts of fresh meat such as feather, prey, lizard, sirloin, etc.
THE IBERIAN SALT DAM
The Iberian dam continues a process of cooking with salt much more typical in recipes related to whole fish, such as sea bass or sea bream. Although it is less common in meat elaborations, the typical roast of meat with salt consists of marinating the piece, covering it with salt and cooking it in the oven.
SALT IBERIAN PREA RECIPE
This recipe for Iberian pork with salt is inspired by a lamb in salt, belonging to the tasting menu of the La Gaia restaurant, led by chef Óscar Molina, located in the Ibiza Gran Hotel.
One of the trickiest things is hitting the doneness pointNot only because of the different tastes of each person, but also because when cooked in salt and covered with aromatic herbs, it is difficult to see the inside of the meat.
The cut of meat is 100% Iberian acorn-fed prey, a product that is subject to the montanera period that runs from November to March. In order to enjoy these meats throughout the year, Señorío de Montanera them ultra-freezes following Japanese techniques that reach -40 degrees, in order to preserve all the properties.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
- 300 g of Iberian pork from Señorío de Montanera
- 1 small brick of beef broth from Txogitxu
- 1/2 kilo of coarse salt
- 1 ANDA egg white
- 2 teaspoons Rooftop Smokehouse Smoked Butter
- 1 bouquet of aromatic herbs
- 1 teaspoon Santa Rita’s gluten-free flour
- 2 bunches of currants to decorate
- 3 ropes to tie the meat
PREPARATION OF THE IBERIAN SALT DAM
- To make the Iberian prey to salt, first clean of excess fat, then cut a long loin of the indicated weight. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan seal the piece of meat on both sides and reserve.
- In a bowl add the salt and the egg white, mix until moistened. If necessary, add a little cold water.
- On a flat surface put the ropes, herbs, meat, herbs again and tie.
- In the oven tray put parchment paper, a layer of salt, the meat, another layer of salt and compress a little with your hands. Preheat the oven to 180 °, traditional up and down function.
- Bake the Iberian prey in salt for 10-15 minutes. Review the time indications in tips and tricks.
- Meanwhile, prepare the demi-glaceTo do this, put the butter with the flour in a saucepan and integrate over medium-low heat.
- Add the broth and stir with a few rods frequently until reduced by half. Reserve.
- Take the meat out of the oven, being careful not to burn yourself. Place a cloth on top, hit with a few spoons to break up the salt, remove the cloth and remove the salt.
- Then, with the help of scissors cut the strings and remove the herbs. Also, clean the possible salt in the meat. Let stand 5 minutes to settle.
- Place the meat on a board and cut into slices to taste.
- At your service, put a base of demi-glace in the desired source, the meat on top and decorate with the currants.
TRICKS AND TIPS
- Time and temperature are one of the few complications of this recipe, since each oven is different and also, each person likes it with a cooking point. For this reason, the ideal is calculate 30 minutes per kilo of meat if you want rare. You have to increase the time for more cooked meat.
- In addition, you can use a thermometer looking between 50-60 degrees inside the piece of meat. To make it easy to insert it, the ends of the loin must be left free, that is, they must be covered only by the aromatic herbs.
- To accompany this piece of meat, some candied tomatoes and glazed onions would be very good.
- The Iberian prey to the salt harmonizes very well with a wine of Grandparents Payment.
Iberian pork meat gives a lot of play, since it offers different cuts such as prey, sirloin or feather, among others, and it is very good in various recipes, whether grilled, grilled, baked and even pickled.