The baked trout stuffed with cecina de León is an easy, healthy and tasty option to consume fish. Although the trout season begins in spring, it can be found in all markets and also at a good price.
Cecina de León is a meat product that comes from the hindquarters of large cattle and then, follows a completely artisan production process consisting of salted, dried, smoked and cured.
THE BAKED TROUT
There are countless recipes made with trout, whether cooked in the oven, grilled, Riojan, pickled, sherry, etc. In fact, it is said that you could eat trout once a week, due to how versatile and healthy it is.
BAKED TROUT RECIPE
This baked trout recipe has a special ingredient, Cecina de León with Protected Geographical Indication, by Cecinas Nieto, a Spanish company that is dedicated to producing high quality jerky, including Halal.
The properties that this dish contains are manyTo begin with, trout is a highly recommended fish due to its fatty acids. On the other hand, the base of this recipe are vegetables, especially zucchini, which contains more than 90% water, so it is hydrating, low in calories and satiating. And finally, jerky is a food that provides quality protein and is a source of minerals such as iron, phosphorus and zinc.
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
- 2 whole trout, clean, boneless and fanned out by Hipercor
- 4 slices of Cecina de León IGP from El Abuelo Maragato de Cecinas Nieto
- 1 lime from the Barley Market
- 1 zucchini cut into sheets
- 1/2 onion peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 1 large bouquet of aromatic herbs
- 4 tablespoons of Marqués de Riscal white wine
- 6 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil from Jacoliva
- 1 mix of spices for fish
PREPARATION OF THE BAKED TROUT
- To make this recipe in the oven, first open the trout, season, add the spices and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
- Later, proceed to fillingTo do this, place the jerky, aromatic herbs and close.
- To protect the trout from the heat, top with lime wedges. Do the same with the other trout.
- In a dish suitable for the oven, place a base of zucchini, onion, garlic and add the white wine. Sprinkle with most of the EVOO, season and add the spices.
- Then put the trout and drizzle with the rest of the extra virgin olive oil, a little more salt and spices.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °, traditional function, up and down. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- At your service, remove the heads of the trout.
TRICKS AND TIPS
- Ideally, the trout should come lUnholy of scales and thorns, whole but split in halfas it is much easier to fill.
- In addition to cecina de León se can add other ingredients, such as peppers, tomatoes, etc.
- To accompany this fish recipe, some candied tomatoes would be very good.
- If there is cecina left over, it is very tasty on a pizza.
- This recipe harmonizes with a glass of the same Marqués de Riscal white wine.